Friday, July 28, 2017

Entrusted - 2 Timothy 3:14-15


As I meditated and memorized these verses, I began to feel a kinship with Timothy. Both he and I have been taught the gospel since infancy. 

As far back as I can possibly remember, I have been taught about my Heavenly Father and His Son and the sacrifice that was made on my behalf and the hope of an established eternal Kingdom.

I have been taught this Truth by both of my parents and sacrificing adults throughout my childhood. I have been held accountable and encouraged in my personal walk of Faith by my Christ-following peers as an adult. 

I'm sure that I have been prayed for more times than I can conceivably comprehend. 

This life that I live, in the faith, is not one that I have managed on my own. It is because I have been surrounded and held up by trusted fellow believers since the day that I was born. 

When I consider this fact of my life, I am blown away! There aren't enough words to express my gratitude and appreciation to all who have invested in my faith during my 43 years of existence. 

I take to heart Paul's encouragement to Timothy, to continue on in what I have learned. It's as though Paul is also writing to me during this season of my life. 

Maybe I've bee watching too many spy movies lately, but I feel as though I'm awaiting my next mission from God. And while I wait, I am unsure of what to do with myself. So this admonishment to continue in what I have learned provides just enough guidance for me. 

I read, meditate, and memorize Scripture. 
I pray.
I serve.
I abide. 

Doing these things will thoroughly equip me for every good work (v. 17) that is to come in the future. 

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment