Saturday, July 8, 2017

Entrusted - 2 Timothy 2:15

I don't have a captivating story to share. I just have a couple of main points from 2 Timothy chapter 2 that jumped off the page as I completed my homework as part of the Summer 2017 #Entrusted Bible study authored and taught by Beth Moore.

The first big ah-ha comes from page 89 in the workbook:
"You may not be able to give it (your calling) a name until your race is nearly over. Until then, your calling is whatever - whatever He put in front of you right now."
The second ah-ha is from page 91 in the workbook:
"Your faithfulness is the key to somebody else's faith." 
Here is why these two concepts are important right now...I thought I had figured out what my calling was, but more often than not, I wonder. 

I keep serving in various capacities, because things need to be done and I have the capability to do them. But I wonder - is this it??? Because it doesn't feel like I'm working in my "sweet spot". I so often feel awkward and misplaced. 

Yes, I've done spiritual assessments and studied spiritual gifts. I know what those are and can tell you what those kinds of things say about me. But as for a way to exercise those skills...let's just say I feel like I'm plaid in a paisley world. 

So I am encouraged by the second quote. I serve because someone else's faith could be on the line. 

And I have to remember from what I wrote last week, that I do what I can do and then the Holy Spirit will provide a supernatural booster shot to my efforts. 

What does this have to do with this week's verse, 2 Timothy 2:15? I do what I'm asked to do, in order to show my self as one approved, as one who is not ashamed and who can be entrusted to correctly handle the word of truth. 

One day, I will understand how all the pieces of my service fit together. Until, then I humbly serve an Almighty God who takes my small offering and turns it into something worthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment