Thursday, January 23, 2020

My One Word for 2020


If you've been a long time reader of this blog (even with my sporadic postings) you know that I truly believe in the power of selecting One Word for a year. A single word helps to focus you with your priorities. It is a light in a sometimes dark void of not knowing which decision to make. One word can reveal personal hangups and hiccups. Opting for a word rather than a list of resolutions can bring healing to a hurting heart. 

I've had varying experiences with my words - some more powerful than others. But it's interesting to see the progression over time. Compass, Thrive, Attend. It seems to me that I have alternating years of "going for it" and "being still". This year's word continues that pattern - I'm going for it! 

With that grand introduction...here's this year's word...BUILD. I feel like the last twelve months have been spent laying a foundation for this year. 

I want to BUILD myself and others up as we strive to reach our personal potential. 

I want to BUILD my financial future.

I want to BUILD a healthy body.

I want to BUILD up on my most important relationships. 

When selecting this word, the image of Nehemiah and his urgency to rebuild the walls surrounding Jerusalem came to mind. He was able to recruit helpers to get it done and defeat saboteurs who longed to see his defeat. But he pressed on because he knew that time was of the essence.

Likewise - I have a sense of urgency. I have a very clear vision of what I want my future to look like and in order to make that vision a reality, there are some areas of life that I have to BUILD up now. It's time to be intentional like Nehemiah. It's time to have laser like focus with how I spend my energy, time and other resources. 

I have a plan of action. I have the desire. I have the resources necessary to be successful. It's time to BUILD

1 comment:

  1. I love the intentionality with which you live your life. Build is a great word for you.

    ReplyDelete